Thursday, November 27, 2008

Oh So Thankful

Well, it has been quite a while since I've last written, mainly because the Lord has been stirring my soul with so many things (and showing me my sin) and I've been too overwhelmed to write about it. Perhaps sometime soon, as I process a bit more, I can blog on some of the places my mind and heart has been lately.

So with today being Thanksgiving - for two more hours anyway - I thought it would be appropriate for me to list some of the things I am thankful for in this current season of my life. (I'm a list kinda gal so this is quite exciting for me : )

1. The Lord loves me enough to show me my sin and bring me to repentance, granting me forgiveness and hope in Christ.

2. A wonderful loving, supportive and fun family!

3. Amazing friends who point me to Christ, sharpen and encourage me.

4. Two beautiful nieces who bring me such joy!

5. Sunsets.

6. Health.

7. Heat that keeps me warm and a roof over my head.

8. A reliable vehicle that gets me where I need to go.

9. A church to worship at!

10. Music that aids me in worship.

11. The education I've received.

12. Friends who truly love me.

13. My mom

14. My two little pooches.

15. A warm bed to sleep in tonight and plenty of food to fill my belly.

So that's just a few of the things I'm thankful for - there are many many more but I'll stop here. And now for my picture for the day. I was having a string of hard days not long ago and on my drive home the Lord blessed me with an amazing sight. It was the most beautiful sunset I've seen in a while. So I drove further into the country to take a few pictures. Enjoy : )





May the Lord reveal even more of Himself to our hearts.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing them!

Christy said...

aaahh- beautiful- you AND the pics!