Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Discoveries

So the girls have spent a few days with me and it has been wonderful! They are so much fun, so entertaining and honestly they keep me on my toes! I never know what they'll do or what they'll say.

So on their last morning with me, we sat down to watch some episodes from the Jeff Corwin DVD. Snakes, elephants, bats, birds and insects. Little bug quickly grew bored by the third episode and went out to play. Before long she burst through the front door and rushed to show me her find from outside. "It's an insect!!!!!!!" She said with the greatest of joy as she held up a crusty, petrified worm that she found on the sidewalk.

I couldn't help but laugh and encourage her in her discovery.

Bug's "insect"

...further examination...

I love the wonder and exploration kiddos have!

They are such a joy!

No comments: