Sunday, August 8, 2010

And She Stabs Herself In The Heart...

So, in cleaning out my office and condensing two bookcases down to one (that's the goal anyway!) I came across my little green-velvet covered journal from 1989. The entries are sparse and my handwriting and spelling was atrocious but the words in the one entry I read, all four sentences, were nothing more than a dull jagged knife straight to my heart!

12-10-1989

It is my mother's birthday. She will be 35. She is getting pretty much over the hill. She has almost made it.

Love,
Amber


Oh! OUCH! How the words of my nine-year-old self have turned against me!!!! To think that at age 9 I thought that 35 was over the hill! One foot in the grave. Lifting the foot to kick the bucket. And here I am today, a mere 5 years from 35.

Sigh.

I will let it be known that I refuse to read anymore from that little journal. My 9-year-old self has kicked me enough for one day!

: )

No comments: