Sunday, September 12, 2010

Morning Motivation!

Okay, I shouldn't use food as a motivator, but one of my favorite bloggers posted a favorite recipe and it had me at "blueberry!" *chuckle*

Okay, okay, it had me at "White Chocolate Blueberry Bread Pudding!" There. I confessed.

As my two eyes gleefully scanned the ingredients list I was thrilled to see that I had everything but the white chocolate. Easy fix! I scooped my flip-flops onto my feet, grabbed my keys and be-bopped to the grocery store!

Now this is wonderful providence that this recipe came into my life as I am making changes diet wise, and have been making an effort to have foods on hand for a good solid breakfast before starting my day. Mind you, I know that white chocolate and bread pudding for breakfast may not be the healthiest, but I made a few changes, as I usually do to any recipe.

I used splenda instead of sugar, used a smaller baking dish and only half a loaf of bread, I used Cinnabon brand cinnamon bread, white chocolate chips instead of breaking chocolate into chunks and added pecans. It is sitting in my refrigerator this very minute, awaiting it's 375 degree debut into my little toaster oven! Monday morning will be one that I'm pretty certain will not see the snooze button! I just hope it isn't too sweet as I can't do sweets in the morning!


(Screen Shot from Scribbit: Motherhood in Alaska)

No comments: