Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Disney Songs At 5:30 AM????


Yes, Aladdin and Jasmine...it is indeed "A whole new world!"

One joy I had while in Alaska was rediscovering the taste, aroma and pep that accompanies a good cup of joe.

It's been a good 8 years since I owned a coffee maker. The previous one met it's demise in an unfortunate incident with a college roommate. And no, there are no hard feelings, it was just one of those things that happens. I never had the extra money to justify another purchase even though I know they can be purchased cheap, I was a college student in the photojournalism program...which meant all my money went towards film, negative sleeves, film, printing paper, film, and animal crackers (there was a slight addiction for a semester!)

So this morning, this beautiful, glorious morning was the first time I woke up to the wonderful smell of ambition brewing in the kitchen.

Now, keep in mind that as a single lady who lives alone and works from home, I often have conversations with the pooch or anthropomorphically speak to random inanimate objects around the house. (Come back...don't be scared! ; P) But a gal has to keep herself entertained! Especially when the TV hardly functions these days (which isn't a bad thing at all!)

Okay, back to the coffee maker. How did I survive these past 8 years??? I rolled out of bed at 5:10 AM to head to my brother and sister-in-law's house to get the girls off to school this morning (Eric is working out town this week and Sara has to be at work at 6.) And compared to yesterday morning which was coffee-free, I was much more energized and dare I say, gleeful, to sing the girls from their slumber, motivate, clothe, feed, fix hair and scoot them out the door!! I noticed they were more lively because I was more lively.

And productivity? Well, lets just say I've had time to shoot pictures and throw together a swanky illustration for this post in the midst of editing and toning four different photo shoots and scheduling other important things. I'd say I'm pretty productive with caffeine and beans coursing through my system.

So as I flitter about the house and sing to myself "A Whole New World" I am quite pleased with my new investment of a coffee maker and three different types of coffee. And I'm quite sure the kitchen will swell each morning with the scent of ambition from here on out!

This world will be a different place for sure!

No comments: