Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Amber gets political...

It's a rarity...but brace yourself...I'm going political, publicly.

I am utterly amazed, dumbfounded and baffled at the ignorance in our country. And for the first (and perhaps ONLY time) I actually have some respect for Howard Stern. In doing some internet research on politics and the like, I came across this sound bite from Mr. Stern.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2008/10/13/howard-stern-exposes-why-so-many-people-support-obama

Yes, it does allude to racism, I get that, but I am astounded at the ignorance of people. And frankly it worries me even more.

You know, as I think about it...to get a high school diploma - we take tests. To get a drivers license - we take tests (written and performance). To become a U.S. citizen - folks take a test. For anything with an ounce of responsibility - even birthing a child - mom's take a class, but to elect a man into the most powerful office in the world, you register and then willy-nilly push a button. Often times getting their information about the candidate from short sound bites from the opponents during prime-time mind-dulling "entertainment."

As this election season moves on, I find myself getting more and more worried about the direction of this country. Obama worries me and so many in this nation are so blinded and are quick to brush off things that raise blazing red flags in my mind.

I'm glad my hope, salvation and future is rooted in Christ.

2 comments:

Carol said...

It is so good to have the assurance that no matter who wins this election, God is in control!

Amber said...

Yes, and He is confirming in me that each day from beginning to end was/is ordained by Him - so I rest in His will and His plan. As He has proven to me in the past His plan is best!