Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day.
When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me
with a weapon.
~Author Unknown

So a dear friend and I went out for a ladies night on the town. Invariably, we ended up scouring the shelves of Barnes & Noble. One of my favorite places. As we looked at books, read our way through the children's section and chatted the whole time, our aimless wandering through aisles and aisles of books found us amidst the "relationships" aisle.

Valentine's Day just has a way of making everyone aware of love, or their lack thereof.

Don't fret, I'm not about to launch into a bitter monologue about being single at Valentine's Day. It used to bother me, but the Lord has brought me a long way!! I love Valentine's Day and use it to show those around me just how much they mean to me. I have planned a wonderfully perfect day with my Valentine 'O 2009 - my mom. And I think, we might possibly have the girls with us, so it is going to be a wonderful day for sure!!

Okay, back to B&N and my friend Bonnie. The one thing I do, and do well, is joke around! We started pulling out titles that might "help" me in my current un-attached state. As we laughed so hard and surely caused a ruckus right there in the store, I knew I had to pull out my trusty Olympus and photograph these things. Mostly making fun of the titles and how they 'could' apply to me.

Widening the field.


Doesn't this seem a bit stalkerish? Maybe. Just a bit??
Is there an accompanying title on how to handle receiving restraining orders too??


Oh! Please Lord! Spare me! It can't EVER come to this!
Is there perhaps a courtship for dummies??? Nah!!!


Uhm...yeah...still have 6 years to go before needing this one.


Only if it contains 90 different daily cupcake recipes!!


Surely I'm not a case for Dr. Phil....not yet anyway.... : P

Hahahha!! So after pulling so many books from the shelves on the 'ole subject of love - which one was my new purchase???????.......



A treat to myself - The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. My brain will need a breather in between studying the nervous system and the creation of ATP.

Yeah, so please know that all of this is just for fun! I'm not a bitter 29-year-old pining away for something I don't have. The one thing that the Lord has taught me in these past few years is to live life in Him!! And OH!! What an adventure it has been! I wouldn't change it for the world!!

Leviticus 19:18
" 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 6:5
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Joshua 23:11
Be very careful, therefore, to love the LORD your God.

1 Samuel 18:1
[ David and Jonathan’s Friendship ] As soon as he had finished speaking to Saul, the soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

Psalm 63:3
Because your steadfast love is better than life,my lips will praise you.

Song of Solomon 8:4
I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, that you not stir up or awaken loveuntil it pleases.

John 13:35
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 3:16

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

I pray you have a wonderfully fantastic Valentine's Day - and don't forget the One who loves you with such an amazing love! The One who saw fit to knit you together in your mother's womb and romances us daily with a sunrise and sunset, squirrels that frolick, birds that chirp glory to their creator, children that adore wrapping their arms around your neck, butterflies that just melt with a warm summer breeze, rolling waves upon the shore and the sweet, sweet sound of a baby's laughter!

I pray you feel the loving embrace of your creator!

Grace, Peace and Love : )

2 comments:

Carol said...

Oh, Amber....I love you! You are definitely a one-of-a-kind! You do so have a way of cracking me up, but you also have a way of making me stop and think. I would LOVE to go out with you sometime on one of your little excursions like this, if you would do me the honor!

Amber said...

OH!! We are so there!!! : ) I would LOVE to run "amuck" with you out on the town!!! We will plan that soon!!

I hope you and Robert and the kiddos have a fantastic Valentine's Day!!! Me and my Valentine (my momma) are heading somewhere out of town for the day - not sure where we're heading yet, but looking forward to it anyway!!

I love you Carol!!!! Thanks for being such a faithful commenter on my blog! : ) It makes me feel special!