Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh Praise Him!


I love days like today.

The church plant I have been attending had the constituting service this Sunday, and is now an official church! Praise the Lord!!!

After the service and a wonderful, wonderful sermon by Pastor Waldron, we, as a new church body, along with the pastors and members of the planting church partook in the Lord's supper. It was by far the most beautiful service I have been a part of.

I'm at a loss for words right now, but I just praise the Lord that in His amazing providence He saw fit to answer my prayers and to bless me to be a part of such a wonderful church family.

I have prayed for a church like this for 3 years.

Psalm 17:6

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer.



So, I don't really know why I chose to post these photos. Other than, I long to just to continue to be in the presence of the Lord. No distractions, no obligations, just me and my Lord. In warmer weather, I escape to my favorite local place to lay in my hammock, pray, read my bible, hike or sit on the rocks and watch the sunset. These pictures are from Garden of the Gods in Southern Illinois - just my own little place to be with the Lord.


I can't wait until the warmer weather is here to stay so I can start making these little trips again for myself.

I rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

No comments: