Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Little - Big Helpers!


Praise the Lord for such sweet and wonderful friends who will dig in and really get their hands dirty to help me out!! (literally!) : )

I have been trying to finish my front yard for some time now (and trying to fix the fish pond for two summers....) Well, it has all been accomplished this week thanks to two of the greatest and hardest working little helpers!!!


This is a before shot. Before 12 bags of top soil, 1 bag of sand and four scoops of mulch.


You can see the hole where the fish pond was before.

A little lesson in using the level, backfilling and re-leveling! These girls learn quick and do a great job!


Oh what fun to get all dirty and not worry about messing anything up!!



Getting the wrinkles out of the new pond liner can be exhausting!! Or is it the whole job that's exhausting!?


Just moments before we conquered the mulch pile.


In progress...


And done!! Hope and Rachel worked so hard, and made the hours pass quickly with great conversation, a bit of joke-telling, story-telling and most importantly lots of laughs!


I'm so glad to finally have my landscaping done. This is the best it's looked since I've lived here! I certainly could not have done it without their help!

Thanks girls!!! And thanks Christy and Carol for letting your girls spend part of the day with me!! These are so precious!

1 comment:

Carol said...

It does look great! Good job, girls!