Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ah...Michigan....

I've spent this past week with my wonderful family in Michigan and we've gone and done sooo much!! I've climbed the dunes in the coast of Lake Michigan, dipped my toes in the frigid waters of Lake Superior, gazed at lighthouses, caught teeny-tiny frogs for the inspection of little eyes, driven the golf cart around the Christmas tree farm, got left in the back of the Christmas tree farm while the nieces left me in the dust, and was followed into Subway by a Homeland Security police officer. It has been great! : )

"Aunt Nasty" made an appearance on the car ride to Michigan as monkeys, minnies and babies were flying from the back. Aunt Nasty confiscated them for a brief respite before returning them to their short little owners : ) Of course she played along in launching the little critters back and forth.




Part of the fun was had on the golf cart! We rode around the Christmas trees on the farm and followed trails for hours on end. Then.......


I gave Madison the wheel only to be left in the dust as the girls sped off and teased me as they offered to come back and get me but then would race on by! It was all fun though!!



Beautiful Lake Michigan!


The Cherries were almost in bloom on the cherry trees in the UP!


The Old Mission Point lighthouse.


Me on the 45th Parallel on the shore of Lake Michigan.

A teeny little frog I caught that Lauren took a liking to. These little frogs were all over the place at the Old Mission Point lighthouse.

So those are just a few of the pictures, I have many more to post, but figured I'd do it a little at a time! Besides, I'm beat and ready for bed. This week has been great. I love my family, I just love the time I get to spend with them. I'm truly blessed with a wonderful family that we can get together and always have such a good time!

More pictures to come!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Looks like you had a blast! I especially liked the pic of the girls leaving you behind!!! Those little stinkers! :-)