Saturday, July 11, 2009

Going to the chapel....

The scene was perfect!

Picture it: the Downtown Farmer's Market, rain clouds looming, police officers doing free fingerprinting of children,watermelon, banana peppers and sweet corn galore, and right there beside the trash can, it happened!

My first ever marriage proposal!!

Little did I know that I had caught his eye as my capri-clad self mosied through the crowd in search of feature pictures for the next issue of the business magazine.

He had just finished making a balloon animal for a wide-eyed little girl when I heard him.

"Psst!"

I turned my head his way and my eyes were filled with a vision of suspenders and a clown nose that was intensely bidding me to come his way.

"I noticed you don't have a ring on that finger," he said as his eyes glanced toward my bare left hand.

Taken aback I forced a smile yet was at a loss for any kind of clever return.

It's not my style to strike up a conversation with clowns who notice me and my single state. And besides, I wasn't in search of an admiring glance - I needed photos!! Stellar photos that scream to readers - COME ON DOWN TO THE FARMER'S MARKET!!!

Still at a loss for words, He continues to ask me, "If I give you something will you wear it?"

I said "yes," but then said, "only if you'll take my picture with it." (Which we then proceeded to talk about how photographers never have any pictures of themselves.)

So, here I was expecting a flower hat or a monkey or a fun little sword to carry around with me while taking pictures.

As I watched I saw a little flower emerge and then quickly realized he was fashioning a ring!

He came my way, as his wing-man reached for my camera, placed the flower ring on my finger and shot me a make-up laced grin.

We posed, we laughed and then he slipped me his card and said several times that it had his number on it.

Was this clown really hitting on me??!??!?!?! Ahahhahahahahaaa!!!! I laugh because I can use "clown" here LITERALLY!! : )


Surprised by "Uncle Buck"


The ring and the card


He was sweet, it was fun and I got my pictures for the magazine.

What a way to start the workday off!!

So Uncle Buck....wherever you are.....keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!

Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

So....did you call him? :-) email him? A balloon artist is at least a good friend to always keep in your pocket...you never know :-P

:-P

Can't wait to see ya in a week! I'm soooo excited for you & your trip!

~Amy

Carol said...

THAT was the funniest thing I have read in awhile! You are a hoot, Amber!

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is better than I imagined when you talked to me on the phone.

Amber said...

Haha! No Amy, I didn't call him! Jason is all the clown our family needs! And as I best recall he can manufacture some balloon artistry himself! Can't wait to see you too!!! One week to go!!