Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Night Photo Assignment


Gotta love these Summer Concerts in the park!

I was commissioned to photograph Skip Bond and the Fugitives as they took to the stage this evening. To my delight, these fellas are from Bowling Green, KY., a town dear to my heart as I lived there for five years some years ago. Great to talk about a town I adore with actual locals! : )



The concert was on an hour rain delay, but that gave rise to some fun umbrella shots. These ladies were fabulous and willing to wait how ever long it took to see the band. They are big fans.

And these are some of my favorite images! While standing in front of the crowd taking shots of the band, a nosey little bug made it's way down my shirt! I thought I kept feeling something on me but could never feel or find it so I didn't pay any attention and kept shooting pictures. Finally I cornered the little bugger between my hand and shirt and then it bit me! I quickly made an escape behind the stage to try to get it out and hopefully not be seen wriggling and squirming and looking down my shirt by all of Henderson! After I gathered myself I looked up to see this....


What is neat about these pictures is that you can see the rain falling when the picture is enlarged. I like back-lit silhouettes anyway.

So aside from the pesky wardrobe invader, it was a fun night! Now, off to piddle with the sewing machine and a dress that is in the works before hitting the hay and then another photo session tomorrow with one of my favorite clients!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Judge Wilson in there!

Amber said...

LOVED meeting him and seeing him on stage! He is the kind of musician I like to photograph, he is a great performer! Very lively on stage!