Thursday, July 1, 2010

Going to the Dogs...


It has been a perfect July day in my book. The windows are open on the house, it's hovering around 80 degrees with little humidity and a breeze that causes me to pause and be thankful each time it makes it's way through the quiet house.

I have been quite entertained by my little dog Daisy Lou these past couple of days. And of course today is no exception. And while most bloggers are posting pictures of their adorable kiddos enjoying this hot summer weather, I will post some pictures of my little pooch. Seeing as I don't have any kiddos yet, and Daisy has yet to make her official blog debut!

In a recent trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law, to Daisy's delight she got to come along too! You see, Daisy has two cousins Bentley and Crumb that she has come to adore! The relationship used to be that she merely tolerated their presence, but she has now come to accept that she is not "top dog" and must learn to share her human and environment with 3 other Douthit dogs.

Here you see Louisa (one of Daisy's numerous nicknames) with her new little hedgehog buddy. He was a gracious gift from Aunt Amy, but Daisy, acting as if she were a two-year-old, latched on to this little critter and claimed him as her own the entire weekend!


Aunt Amy, just so you know, she is EVER so grateful for your generous gift! ^^I believe it was love at first sight between the hedgehog and Daisy!

A little siesta with the hedgehog....

A little roughhousing followed by some cuddling....


still more cuddling the next day...


and a thank you to Aunt Amy, Uncle Jason and her cousins Bentley and Crumb....


My little Daisy Lou is the greatest little pooch. We have enjoyed a lazy summer day and I have found great enjoyment in bursting into fits of singing "My buddy and Me" as Daisy carries her little buddy all around the house.

2 comments:

Infinity+1 said...

Awwww!!!! It warms my heart so much that a gift of an abused, schnauzer-spit-saturated, falling-apart $2.00 hedgehog has made Miss DaisyLou so happy! I'd offer to get her a brand new hedgehog because I feel bad for the condition of that one--but I have a feeling the same connection wouldn't be there :-P. Enjoy DaisyLou!! Bentley & Crumb are happy it makes you so happy :-P.

Amber said...

It speaks volumes to her love of the little hedgehog that he still has ALL of his stuffing!! I just know one of these days I'll come in and see that there has been a great massacre and she, and her fickle heart are ready to move on. Perhaps she will surprise me....