Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just Because...


I've posted a lot of words lately, and no pictures, so I thought, while I was waiting for the photos for the business magazine to upload that I would post this little guy real quick.

Some time in the last few days (it's all been a blur honestly) I was out on assignment for the magazine and upon returning to my car, my eye caught this little fella.

Despite being very grumpy the past few days (my thoughts/actions have been borderline Ouiser Boudreaux'ish lately) I did have compassion upon the seemingly suicidal mantis.

I'm not quite sure why the little guy chose to make my tire his perch of peril. Perhaps an unkind exchange of words within the mantis household, or a layoff at the mantis factory, but after a few encouraging words (and the prodding from a stick) I was able to talk him down from ending it all and get him back on his way to praying in the parking lot island filled with clover.

Yeah, so all this to say, I thought being a photographer and all, I should maybe post a picture.

: )

Perhaps soon I'll be able to make time to shoot for pleasure and not just for the Benjamins.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Amber, have I ever told you that you crack me up. yep, I'm sure I have!

Amber said...

Cracking you up is now my life's pursuit : ) I will strive daily to procure some sort of story or manufacture a comical saying just for you!

I'd rather make you laugh, than make you cry!

Christy said...

So cute!! BTW, what's Ouiser Broiwekjfdi?

Amber said...

Ouiser (Weezer) is the grumpy character from Steele Magnolias. She makes me laugh and I've been a bit like her lately in my grumpiness.