Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kitchen Makeover Ideas


One of my long-term goals is to eventually remodel the kitchen. I can't really say it's a priority right now, but I would eventually like to strip the wallpaper (2 layers - UGH!), paint the cabinets - possibly reface the cabinet doors, make the dishwasher a built-in, put in new countertops and eventually put in a tile floor. It sounds ambitious but trust me, I've been remodeling the livingroom for three years now (3 layers of wallpaper in that room and the hallway.) So it would be a long process. All I have left to do in the livingroom is finish framing my artwork and hang them up. Once I get to that point then I'll post before and after pictures.

Back to the kitchen, I've been gathering ideas and came across this blog The Twice Remembered Cottage which has what I may possibly do. Light colored walls and red cabinets. The photo above is quite possibly my "inspiration kitchen." Check it out and tell me what you think.