Tuesday, March 17, 2009

There will be showers of blessings


John 1:16

16And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.


I have to confess, I am utterly overwhelmed right now. These past five days especially have been blessing upon blessing, grace upon grace. I had an amazing weekend with my family, it was beautiful chaos of laughter, talking, music, games, late nights, food, birthday candles and smiles upon smiles as we gathered together to celebrate Madison's 11th year with us. On the heels of that, I went home Sunday afternoon after an amazingly wonderful Lord's day - filled with worship, spiritual food, fellowship and renewal - to find that someone or a group of someones came to my house while I was gone, and labored for who knows how long clearing away the last of the tree limbs I could not physically move.

I cannot convey in any amount of words my complete shock when I realized that there was no longer fallen debris all over the deck. I think I stood there for a good solid minute with my mouth gaping open, my eyes scanning the scene before me and then seeing the sawdust from the chainsaw, the freshly cut limbs piled with the other large pile in the field and Kevin's lawnmower that was now free from it's former trapped state. I immiately went and got my phone to see who was responsible and who I am eternally indebted to. But to no avail, I cannot track down those who are responsible. I have my ideas, but have been told to let it go.

I am overwhelmed because I know it seems so silly that tree limbs in the yard would burden my soul so much, but it was the sheer fact and reminder of my own limitations. Living alone I am forced to take care, handle, repair and move many things on my own. I don't mind, in most cases the Lord equips me to take care of things just fine. But these limbs were beyond me. I gathered what I could, but needed help for the rest. And yet again, the Lord has proven Himself my provider. Oh, that He loves me so much to do this for me. Grace upon grace. If I can trust Him to clean up my yard - how much more can I give over to Him!?! If He loves me this much, can I not give every single worry, every single care, no matter how silly it may seem?

The timing of the Lord's provision is wonderful because I just finished a study on Ruth and Oh! How God provided for not only Ruth but Naomi also! From the beginning of time God ordained the events that would prove to Ruth just how Mighty He is!! And oh so worthy to be praised!!

So, yes. I am overwhelmed. If you are responsible, and you are reading this, please, you will never know what you have done for me! Thank you for being a willing vessel for the truth of Christ and ministering to me in such a huge way! I love you and am blessed upon blessed by you! May the Lord this very moment shower you with even more kindness, love and grace than what you have shown towards me.

For the glory of Christ.

No comments: